Professional Training for individuals and institutions
CUSTOM SOCIAL-media WORKSHOPS
Training staff at all levels in the how, what, why, who, when of social media. Creating and maintaining an online identity consistent with overall brand. Promoting exhibitions, publications, programs, conservation, education, archives, etc. to global audiences. Sharing reviews and news coverage. Handling critics and crisis. Shooting and editing photos and videos. Proper use of language and hashtags. Followers and following. Flowcharts and calendars. Content management and time management. Expanding networks and building social collateral. Blogging. Best practices for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories, and Tumblr.
Writing basics for art professionals of all levels: cover letters, correspondence, press releases, artists' statements. Training individuals and groups to create sophisticated content for a mainstream audience. How-tos in translating artspeak; fact-checking; proofreading; creating and maintaining an institutional voice; learning sensitivity to nuance and representational justice.
Art Business Writing boot camp
custom COntent creation
Custom content for exhibitions, fairs, performances, conferences: Instagram takeovers (including Stories); live-tweeting, social-media copy and images for client feeds. Drawing on my distinctive mix of skills as an art journalist and social-media expert, I highlight people, trends, and story lines that stimulate conversation, news coverage, and buzz.
- Instagram Bootcamp: Best Practices for Art Professionals of All Levels
- Social Media Editorial Strategy for Arts Marketers
- Social Media for Art Advisors
- Instagram Crawls: What, Where, When, Who, How
- Social Media for Creative Professionals: In this popular workshop, given at BRIC, Twitter, Gateway Project Spaces, and other venues, I share best practices for creating an authentic social-media voice that conveys your personal, political, and professional values. You’ll learn strategies for using social media to build communities, social collateral, and your career, and come away with tips and tricks for showcasing your creativity to influencers, funders, clients and more.
All workshops available in Spanish.